Subway Surfers – Tips and Tricks
For items, focus on coins first and foremost
When you’re starting out, coins are much more important to collect. So while shopping, opt for power-ups like the Jetpack and Coin Magnet before choosing the 2x Multiplayer and Super Sneakers, unless they’re absolutely necessary to complete a mission.
Get on top of the trains
When you’re riding on the top to the trains, you’ll have a better vintage on the oncoming traffic and power-ups since the camera goes right behind you. Hey, anything that helps, right?
For 300 coins a pop, the hoverboard will make you immune to anything and everything. This allows you nail high scores and earn the highest possible coin returns. In other words, they are worth their weight in gold.
Trigger Mega Headstart at the start
Want more than 10,000 points right at the beginning of a level? Just trigger the Mega Headstart. Done and done.
The following characters can be unlocked by completing the designated task.
Brody – Collect 350,000 coins
Frank – Collect 40,000 coins
Fresh – Collect three Boomboxes
Frizzy – Collect 150,000 coins
King – Collect 80,000 coins
Lucy – Collect 7,000 coins
Ninja – Collect 20,000 coins
Prince K – Collect 980,000 coins
Spike – Collect three Guitars
Tagbot – Collect 12,000 coins
Tasha – Collect 30,000 coins
Tony – Collect 95,000 coins
The following list are the power-ups you can collect during gameplay and their effect. ALL of these power-ups only last a limited time so make sure you take advantage of them while they are active.
Jetpack – Allows you to fly over ALL of the trains and collect a trail of coins along the way.
Super Sneakers – These will make your character run faster than normal, and will pick up any coins under them.
Coin Magnet – This will collect ALL of the coins in the vicinity around you.
2X Multiplier – This will double your score while it is active.
Clearly, the main goal of Subway Surfers is to stay alive as long as possible. As such, any hints and tips to do well at the game, without resorting to cheating or hacks, focus on this area.
Below are a few simple pointers on how to stay alive long enough in Subway Surfers to rack up some big scores and challenge your friends.
Use the Hoverboard
You will naturally collect a fair few Hoverboards on your runs in Subway Surfers. If you find yourself doing particularly well on a run, you should use as many of these as necessary to prolong your survival. Personally, I found it something of a distraction to have to double-tap the screen every time, not to mention the fact that you may not pay so much attention knowing that you can survive a hit.
Upgrade Your Power-Ups
The power-ups in Subway Surfers are a great gift when they come along. My personal favorite is the Jetpack, as it takes you up above the arena at great speed, is really fun to use, and means you can’t get hit by any obstacles. Also, you earn points the whole time that you’re using it, so extending the amount of time that it lasts is a great idea.
Stay Up High
The safest place to be in Subway Surfers is on top of the trains. This means that you can jump off the top of the train and move in the air – effectively making a diagonal movement. If you try this on the ground, you just move left or right – there are also far more obstacles to avoid on the ground. Stay up high and you should find you have an easier run.
Coins Are Not Essential
Of course it’s great to have loads of Coins so that you can unlock the extra characters and boards in Subway Surfers, and upgrade your power-ups. However, it is not worth risking your life for a few measly Coins, so if you are on a great run, try to preserve it just by staying up high and out of harms way rather than making risky maneuvers for Coins.
Learn the Advanced Moves
There are some moves in Subway Surfers that a lot of players don’t realize. You can jump, then go left or right in midair, for one thing. You can also cut a jump short by swiping downwards in mid-jump. This is a good way to complete the jump missions, as well as correcting a mistake you may have made to avoid obstacles.
How to get High Score
== Steps ==
# Collect as many coins as possible. Every coin you see is vital. When your character dies, your coins are added to the amount of points you get. In short, the more coins you get, the higher your score.
# Don’t forget to get the coin magnet. The coin magnet attracts lots of coins which can boost your score. Again, more coins = higher score.
# Buy lots of hover boards. Hover boards are thirty-second life savers. When your character rides on the hover board you have thirty seconds to be worry free of dying. If you die while on the hover board, you’ll resurrect.
# Complete the multiplier missions to get higher multipliers. As you complete missions, your multiplier increases so you can get more points in less time, so the higher your multiplier, the higher your score.
# Increase the duration of the coin magnet. As I said before, the coin magnet will boost your score. The longer you have the coin magnet, the higher your score will be, do don’t forget to go to the Subway Surfers store and increase the duration of your coin magnet.
# Increase the duration of your jet pack. In the game, if you pick up a jet pack you get to go high up into the air and collect coins. You cannot die while you have your jet pack. It’s kind of like a hover board, except you don’t need to duck, jump or slide. You just collect coins. The longer you stay in your jet pack, the more coins you get and the longer distance you travel.
# Don’t slack off. If you are determined (and you should be, or else why are you reading this article?) then you should play at least twenty games of Subway Surfers a day. The more you play it, the more tricks you’ll learn and the better you’ll become at the game.
- Get lots of keys because then, you can just keep going and going.
- Save up your coins so you can buy hover boards, increase the duration of your jet pack, and increase the duration of your coin magnet.
- Keep a positive mind, tell yourself that you will beat your high score in this game.
- Collect coin magnets.
- Play it everyday, no slacking off!
- Collect jetpacks because you get lots of coins with them.
- Have fun! This isn’t supposed to be a competition!
- Listen to music. You’ll be more into the music than the game and you’ll eventually zone out and go through the motions with the game.
- Do not look at your score when you are playing because it will distract you from the game.
- While you have a coin magnet in the middle of a game, use a hoverboard to get in as many coins as possible.
- Save your coins, because then you will be able to get hoverboards that are faster and have different powers. That way you have a more likely chance of getting a high score.
- Sneakers give you double coins especially riding in the jet pack.
A Free Past Board
This cheat gives you the Miami-Special Board for FREE! The instuctions of this cheat is the same as Time Travel Cheat.
- Go to your device’s setting and change the date and time to “May 30, 2013.”
- Open Subway Surfers and check your Boards Section.
- See if you got the Miami-Special Board!
- Note: This cheat might not work!
Jetpack-Jump is a glitch using a jetpack where you can jump really high if you jump at the right moment.
- Pickup a Jetpack.
- Right after the jetpack runs out of fuel, swipe up quickly.
- See if you character, jumps in mid air.
- Note: Swipe up quickly After you get the last coin.
- Another Note: This glitch may also land you on top of the train.
Back Forward Run
Back Forward Run is a rather funny glitch that allow your chraracter to run backwards.
- Buy or get in the Mystery Box a Mega Headstart.
- Start playing and die in a few seconds you begin.
- Just as you die, click on your headstart to activate it. You will fly back forward.
- Note: It is very hard, so maybe you will need more than one try.
- Another Note: Sometimes when you try to do it, it ends up occuring the “Moving Smoke” glitch.
- Third Note: If you have an update less than Rio, you should use Headstart Instead?
Time Travel will allow you to buy removed limited edition characters, and other special mission with limited time, but note that the scene will not change.
- Go to your device’s setting and click “Date and Time.”
- Set the time on stuff you want in the chart below.
- October 3, 2012 – Set this time for Zombie Jake.
- December 1, 2012 – Set this time for Elf Tricky and Starboard.
- January 5, 2013 – Set this time for Tony and Liberty.
- January 30, 2013 – Set this time for Carmen and Toucan.
- Februrary 28, 2013 – Set this time for Roberto and Kick-Off.
- March 1, 2013 – Set this time for Egg Hunt to get the Chicky Hoverboard.
- April 5, 2013 – Set this time for Kim and Outback.
- May 4, 2013 – Set this time for Harumi and Fortune.
- May 27, 2013 Set this time for the Cherry Hoverboard.
- May 30, 2013 – Set this time for Nick and Flamingo.
Lucky Death is when you bump into an obstacle you will just stand and run without moving, until you move to another lane, continuing the game.
- When there is an obstacle in front of you, and a train on the right (left), in a moment before death quickly turn to the side of the train.
- Swipe in any direction to keep moving!
- Note: This glitch is very rare so it won’t always work.
This cheat will allow you to collect 2 coins, when riding a jetpack.
- Get Super Sneakers power-up.
- When you’re lucky, you might find a jetpack, when the super sneakers isn’t de-activated yet. (Can be easy if the Super Sneakers is upgraded.)
- Swipe to collect coins, as you can see the coin meter fills it 2 coins every coin collected.
- Tip: Upgrade the Super Sneakers and Jetpack for the cheat to be easier.
Hover-Mixture is a glitch which the jetpack will act like a hoverboard. This is a crazy glitch that doesn’t affect anything, also to active this glitch the hoverboard is supposed to end perfectly while picking up a jetpack at the same time, which is almost impossible to occur.
- Activate a hoverboard.
- Wait until the hoverboard ends.
- This is the hard part: When the hoverboard perfectly ends, pick up a jetpack at the same time.
Coin Accelerator is a hack that makes your coins insanely a lot, you must need the Rio or a newer Update to activate this hack, you also need a program for it. You can do this on 2 ways: Android Download or PC Transfer. But the Android Download is much easier, though the Hacking App is no longer available in Google Play.
Steps (The app has been removed!)
- Go to Google Play
- Search for “Subway Surfers Cheat.” (The icon must be the same icon as Subway Surfers Rio or a newer update.)
- Open the program.
- Click the button that says “Get Free Coins.”
- Open Subway Surfers.
- Warning: Your Character Token will revert back to 0.
- Another Warning: Sometimes if you try to restore you old game data, it might not work, all you’ll be stuck in the hacked version.
- Note: If you want your old game data back press the button “Restore.”
- Another Note: This only works on Android.
Another option on Android is to install the APK from this external link . You must be running the most recent version of the game. Backup your data first.
Mid-Air Smoke is a glitch when the Jetpack’s “colored” smoke will go to other directions, other than the jetpack itself. You need the Bouncer hoverboard for this glitch.
- Activate Bouncer.
- This is the slightly hard part: Pick up a jetpack, at the same time the Bouncer still activated.
- Note: The cheat might not work.
- Another Note: Upgrade your jetpack for longer durability.
- Third Note: Sometimes you don’t need the Bouncer, and this occurs when you do the “Back Forward Run” glitch.
Invisi-Board is a glitch that will make the hoverboard invisible, while surfing. This glitch occurs when you try to do the “Back Forward Run.” glitch, but ended up occuring this glitch.
- Start playing and die in a few seconds you begin.
- Just as you die, click on your mega headstart to activate it. You will fly back forward.
- When you land, activate your hoverboard, and look if it’s invisible.
- Note: Sometimes it’s doesn’t work, so try again, but save some hoverboards and mega headstarts.